Lourdes carries forth a serious and expanding commitment to the latest in prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up in cancer care. Responding directly to both the medical and personal-human need of its patients, the Lourdes program takes advantage of a coordinated, collaborative team approach – offering a comprehensive cancer program to its patients..
With the expertise of surgical services helping to lead a group effort for many cases, patients get the latest clinical services and top additional referral as needed. This results in an exceptional opportunity for patients: an experienced, knowledgeable staff delivering the current standards in cancer care in a nearby teaching hospital set in the community.
Learn more about these areas of special focus in cancer at Lourdes:
- breast cancer
- colorectal and other gastrointestinal cancers
- gynecologic cancer
- lung cancer
- thyroid cancer
Learn more about cancer treatment through robotic surgery.
Lourdes cancer services follow evidence-based guidelines of care including those set forth by the NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network).
Special features of the Lourdes cancer program:
- a multidisciplinary team means specialists from all cancer disciplines review patient cases together in team meetings
- clinical trials
- dedicated nurse navigator to help coordinate care and services for patients
- emotional, physical and aesthetic support
- access to an oncology social worker to aid with coordinating the emotional and practical complexities of cancer care.
Cancer specialist David A. Berg, MD, serves as the Cancer Liaison Physician at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center. Learn more.
Cancer specialist Eduardo Fernandez, MD, chairs the Cancer Committee at Lourdes Medical Center of Burilngton County.