The vast majority of people suffering from sleep disorders never seek help for their affliction-yet, for most people, treatment is easily available and very effective. You are not alone-at least 40 million Americans are affected by chronic sleep disorders.
Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County’s Neurodiagnostic/Sleep Lab helps to diagnose and treat common sleep disorders such as insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy and cataplexy.
An experienced team of neurologists, pulmonologists and registered technologists use sophisticated equipment and technology to conduct painless diagnostic tests. For most people, one overnight stay at the Lab is all that is needed to determine the type of sleep disorder and its cause. The Lab’s physicians interpret test results and offer treatment, in cooperation with each patient’s family doctor or specialist.
Symptoms of sleep disorders include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Trouble falling or staying asleep
- Loud snoring
- Morning headaches
- Depression, reduced sense of well-being
- Lack of energy and motivation
- Leg cramps or continuous, uncontrollable urge to move legs
- Difficulty learning or concentrating
- High blood pressure
- Racing heartbeat during the night
- Pauses in breathing during the night
- Night time sweating
- Frequent awakenings
For more information, call Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County’s Neurodiagnostic/Sleep Lab at 609-835-3025.