The LIFE Center is an important part of this program. It is conveniently located in Pennsauken Township. Here, seniors receive health care, nutritious meals, and participate in activities with others so they may remain active and make new friends. The LIFE Center provides one location where doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals come together to provide treatment and monitor changes in an individual’s health. Seniors cherish their independence, and the Life Center honors that desire by providing ways for seniors to help themselves, including free transportation to and from the Center and to and from medical consultations.
The LIFE at Lourdes Team
Our program includes a team of professionals who are experts in caring for elders living in the community.
The LIFE team will:
- Make a special healthcare plan for and with each participant.
- Manage all healthcare services for participants.
- Help participants to live safely in the community.
Our experts provide valuable skills and experience so that program participants remain comfortable at home. Because our team can spend several hours at a time with the senior at the Life Center, we can take the time to get to know each person as an individual and develop a comprehensive plan that truly fits all of their needs.
LIFE team members:
- Geriatricians are doctors who specialize in care for the elderly. These doctors spend more time with their patients and they treat them so they can stay independent.
- Nurses at LIFE at Lourdes also spend more time with the program participants than in other settings. Changes in health are watched closely.
- Social Workers provide ongoing help and answers for elders and their families.
- Activities Staff at our LIFE Center offer many healthy and fun activities.
- Nutritionists help participants to eat healthy meals.
- LIFE Specialists help with personal care needs at home and at the LIFE Center.
- Physical and Occupational Therapists provide programs to keep the highest levels of physical ability.
- Transportation Staff are trained to meet the special needs of seniors.
- A LIFE at Lourdes Chaplain supports the spiritual needs of participants and families as desired.