Who is a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
- Body Mass Index (BMI) greater or equal to 35 kg/m², with one or more significant obesity-related conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea and high cholesterol.
- BMI greater than 40 kg/m², regardless of other medical conditions. Calculate your BMI below.
- History of multiple failed weight-loss attempts by dieting, exercise, and medical therapies, as documented by your physician
- 18 to 70 years of age (with some exceptions)
- Understanding the procedure and implications, and accepting the operative risks
- Having realistic expectations and motivation
- Committing to lifelong maintenance programs for diet, vitamin supplementation, exercise, and follow-up with your healthcare team.
To calculate your BMI use the calculator below to see if you qualify.
- Underweight = <18.5
- Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
- Overweight = 25–29.9
- Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
- Class 1 Obesity = BMI of 30 -34.9
- Class 2 Obesity = BMI 35-40
- Class 3 Obesity = BMI 40+
To learn more about our Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery and the options, or to find out more information on our free information sessions call 1-888-Lourdes or click here to sign up online!