Disseminating accurate timely information to physicians that helps them to provide the best care is an important function of advanced medical centers such as those in the Lourdes Health System. In addition to medical staff office information and other internal forums for updates, Lourdes provides the informational outlets below on conditions of interest and latest treatments and other services.
These publications provide physicians with news and information that assist them in their everyday practice:
TODAY newsletter. Medical news with a focus on a different medical specialty in each issue.
- Stroke Care, April 2013 – Testing Seeks to Capture Sometimes-Elusive but Tell-Tale ECG
- Cardiology Today, March 2013 – transcatheter aortic valve replacement, and more
- Critical Care & Pulmonary Medicine Today, February 2013 – sepsis campaign, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AATD) and more
- Gastroenterology Today, December 2012 – capsule endoscopy and more
- Bariatrics Today, September 2012 – sleeve gastrectomy and more
- Robotic Surgery Today, July 2012 – robotic lung cancer surgery and more
- Cardiology Today, June 2012 – prehospital ECG and more.
CardiologyLog. A compendium of updates from Lourdes Cardiology Services.
- November 2011 – cardiology co-management and more
- July 2011 – strategic heart partners and more
- January 2011 – therapeutic hypothermia and more
- September 2010 – carotid stenting and more
- February 2010 – inpatient heart-failure service and more
- April 2009 – cardiac surgery and more
- September 2007 – cardiac electromapping for AFib and more
- May 2007 – counterpulsation therapy and more
- August 2006 – endovascular repair of septal defects and more