5th Annual Pilgrimage Retreat to Assisi, Italy
Friday, August 22, 2014
Location: Hotel Giotto, Assisi, Italy
Cost: See event description
Retreat dates: August 22-28, 2014
Lourdes Wellness Spirituality and Creativity Program continues to explore the unique and graced gifts of the land of St Francis and St Clare through our annual Pilgrimage Retreat.
Once again, we turn our hearts, minds and souls to the ways in which Saint Francis of Assisi’s beautiful song-prayer “The Canticle of the Creatures” invites, challenges and inspires us. We will seek and be sought by such prayer themes as Brother Sun and Sister Moon, peace, pardon and praise.
What distinguishes this program is its invitation to contemplative exploration.
This pilgrimage is designed for the seeker who desires to enter deeply into the graced sense of place and landscape that is the magic of Assisi. We sojourn at Hotel Giotto, enjoying their outstanding hospitality, their extraordinary view of the landscape, and their delightful Umbrian cuisine.
The daily schedule includes morning and evening communal gatherings, meditation materials on the daily theme, time for contemplative meandering, and optional sessions to explore creative expression and/ or wellness spirituality.
A pilgrimage morning to visit sacred Franciscan sites is included and enhances a daily practice of gentle gazing, noticing and discovering beauty revealed at every turn in the journey.
- Creativity is born out of silence. Marianne will facilitate optional times for planning or working on creative projects in response to the retreat insights .
- Core life values become clearer on pilgrimage. Helen will facilitate optional individual or group sessions to explore the invitation to wellness for the journey.
Marianne Hieb, RSM is a Sister of Mercy, artist, art therapist and spiritual director, author of Inner Journeying through Art-Journaling.
Helen Owens, OSF is a Franciscan Sister of Allegany NY , integrative nurse coach, the founder of Lourdes Wellness Center and past vice president, mission and community health for Lourdes Health System
Together they direct Lourdes Wellness Spirituality and Creativity Program.
Since 1983 Marianne and Helen have designed and facilitated an ever expanding ministry of Human Wholeness Retreats beginning with day offerings at the Lourdes facility, and extending into retreats, educational workshops and pilgrimages across the United States and Canada, Jamaica, Ireland, the United Kingdom and Italy.
- Shared accommodations-$1780.00 USD
- Single accommodations-$ 1980.00 USD
- Based on current exchange rates
- Inquire about reduced cost for accompanying partner not attending the daily retreat pilgrimage program, but sharing accommodations and meals.
- Payment of $500.00 registration fee due to hold your place and insure the number needed for participation.
- Payment plans available for remaining cost.
- Retreat program with dedicated meeting room and meditation materials
- Accommodation in air conditioned 4 star hotel in the vicinity of the Basilica of San Francesco
- Daily buffet breakfast and daily typical Umbrian dinner,
- Group pilgrimage to the Hermitage, the church of San Damiano and the basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli,
- Optional meetings with staff to discuss creative projects and/or wellness responses,
- Spacious schedule to wander, gaze, visit the churches and historic areas,
- Opportunities to participate in the rich liturgical and spiritual life of the area,
- Time for solitude and for community, communal intention as a prayerful presence for peace.
- Air transportation, local travel. individual tips, and lunches.
- Travel insurance strongly recommended.
To learn more about the additional offerings that are available during your time on retreat and to review prices, inclusions and payment plans, please contact Beverly at (856) 869-3127 or ChabalowskiB@lourdesnet.org or click here.