Pain Management Services (Outpatient)
Anesthesiologists at Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County have instituted a Pain Management Service for patients with acute, chronic and cancer pain. There, Gary Buck, M.D., and Michael Picone, M.D., of RA Pain Services, PA, work closely with referring physician to increase each of their patient's quality of life.
Pain Management Service at Lourdes Burlington are provided for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Herniated discs and other spinal conditions;
- Lower back pain;
- Pain from previous back surgery;
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD);
- Disorders of the central nervous system, such as Parkinson's Disease, diabetes and phantom limb pain;
- Phantom limb pain;
- Cervicogenic headaches;
- Cancer pain.
In addition, Dr. Buck also specializes in working with pregnant women who suffer from back and neck pain during their second and third trimesters. Aquatic therapy often proves helpful in relieving their pain and may be among the therapies recommended.
The Lourdes Burlington Pain Management Service is available to perform a variety of procedures, many pain-free, to improve the patient's condition. A treatment plan for back or neck pain may include treatments such as:
- facet joint and nerve root blocks;
- cervical and lumbar epidurals;
- trigger point (muscle), joint (shoulder, hip), caudal and occipital nerve injections;
- implantable electrical stimulators;
- stellate ganglion blocks;
- implantable intrathecal pumps;
- celiac plexus blocks.
The service offers the added benefit in that Dr. Buck is a licensed pharmacist, who works with a nearby compounding pharmacist to develop customized medications tailored to the patient's needs.
Drs. Buck and Picone will see all referred patients within 48 hours and are available for consultations around the clock. Copies of all reports will be sent on a timely basis to the referring physician.
RA Pain Services, P.A.
2103 Burlington-Mount Holly Road (Route 541)
Burlington Township, NJ 08016
Phone: 609-387-2030 Fax: 609-387-2031
Or, call 1-888-LOURDES (568-7337).
Learn about these recent presentations by Lourdes experts:
- Moderating Stress in Inpatients: Unique ‘Comfort Cart’ Program Puts Easy, Complementary Therapies in Hands of Nurses