Child Development Program
Child Development serves infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities and supports families. Services are provided in the home or in a community setting. The program provides services for infants and toddlers (from birth to their third birthday) who have developmental delays or disabilities, as well as support for their families. Evaluations are provided at no cost and most families do not incur a cost for services as this program is funded through State and Federal dollars, with a contribution from Our Lady of Lourdes.
Your child may be eligible for services if he or she has a diagnosed physical or mental condition and/or a significant developmental delay in one or more of the following areas:
- Adaptive/self help – dressing, feeding
- Cognitive – using problem solving strategies and using toys in play
- Communication – understanding what is said, following directions or making needs known
- Gross Motor – moving through space, large body movements
- Fine Motor – using hands for play, small movement activities
- Sensory – receiving/using information through touch, hearing, sight
- Social and emotional – interacting with children, adults and the environment
Services are designed to meet the individual needs of children to achieve outcomes that have value for your family, enhance your child's development, respect cultural diversity and involve the community who cares about you and your child.
For more information about Child Development, please call 856.869.3030.
For additional information on Early Intervention Services in New Jersey visit www.njeis.org.