Acute Pain Management
For most patients, part of the recovery process from illness or injury involves some degree of discomfort or pain. The Lourdes Health System believes all patients have the right to a quick response to reports of pain and to have that pain managed effectively.
At both Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center and Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County, pain management is an important part of patient care.
Lourdes strives to provide pain management that respects your sense of:
- Ability to maintain your independence;
- Positive self-regard;
- Involvement in your care.
Acute Pain Management Services in the Lourdes Health System
What to ExpectYour caregivers at Lourdes are concerned about your pain. Indeed, the control of a patient's pain is a very important part of the overall treatment plan. The treatment of pain is a cooperative effort between the patient and the nurses and physicians at Lourdes. All patients should expect:
- Information about pain and pain relief measures;
- A concerned staff dedicated to effective pain assessment and management;
- Health care providers who respond quickly to reports of pain and clearly answer questions about treatment options;
- Attention to personal, spiritual or cultural beliefs regarding pain and respect over decisions to refuse a treatment choice.