New Program Helps Seniors Live Independently
Do you know a senior with multiple health problems who has difficulty living alone? The Lourdes Health System is among the first in New Jersey to launch a new service designed to meet the chronic-care needs of the frail elderly and their families. LIFE--Living Independently for Elders--at Lourdes is modeled on a national initiative called PACE--Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly. Funded by Medicare and Medicaid, this program provides comprehensive services, including:
- adult day care and medical care;
- home health and personal care;
- medications, hearing aids and other assistive devices;
- social services;
- access to medical specialties;
- hospital and nursing home care when needed;
- transportation and meals.
To participate in LIFE at Lourdes, an individual must be:
- age 55 or older;
- a resident of Camden County;
- state-certified as needing nursing home care;
- able to continue living safely in the community with the help of LIFE at Lourdes services.
LIFE accepts Medicare, Medicaid or private payment. There are no out-of-pocket charges if participants qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid.
Join Life at Lourdes
To learn more about LIFE at Lourdes, call 856-675-3675 or call 1-888-LOURDES (568-7337) to get our FREE brochure.