Professional Nurse Development Program 2011: General Information
We are excited to be able to introduce to you the NEW Nursing Professional Development Program (replacing the CAP program). The committee has worked diligently to try to make the program attractive and attainable for all of our staff nurses. We hope that you will find that the new program offers a wide variety of opportunities for you to advance your own professionalism in a format that allows for easier navigation and documentation.
- Must be a RN who has worked within Lourdes Health System for a minimum of two years by July 1 of application year
- Must work a minimum of 1000 hours at Lourdes during the data collection period
- Must present two unit-based educational activities during the data-collection period. These activities are required for eligibility; no score can be claimed for these activities.
- RN II: Score 15-22 $2000
- RN III: Score 23-30 $2500
- RN IV: Score 31-40 $3500
Tips for clarification:
For Education Activities:
- All Teaching Activities must be approved by a member of CEDAR prior to presenting
- Each Teaching Activity may be used only once
- For live or video presentations, submit a summary of evaluation responses
- To arrange a guest lecture experience for the School of Nursing:
- contact the Curriculum Coordinator (856-757-3730)
- meet with course instructor
- plan interactive session according to topic objectives and direction from instructor
- present 1-hour (minimal) presentation
For Journal Review Activities:
- All journal articles for independent or Journal Club review must be approved by a member of the Research Council prior to review. Send an email request for article approval to Research Council Chair
- To arrange to coordinate/facilitate a Journal Review for the Research Council's quarterly Journal Review Club, contact Research Council Chari
|2011 Chair:||Kelly Hoyt, RNemail@example.com|
|2012 Chair:||Terry Marren, RNfirstname.lastname@example.org|
For assistance in submitting new Patient Education Material to the Health Literacy Committee, contact a member of CEDAR.
May only take credit for resource to other unit if not scheduled to work in that capacity (i.e., PICC resource while working as PICC nurse).